Followers

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Head sculpt before and after


This is the basis mesh given to me as a head that is very low poly, which allows adjustment to be made but still keep the topology clean if I want to export it into Maya.


I have found through testing and experimentation that my two favourite tools are layer and Clay build up. Layer allows you to build layer upon layer of detail by raising the mesh up which Clay build up allows you to add a layer of clay as if I was sculpting in real life. This allows me to add and take away clay when needed.

These are the same two tools I used to do the detail around the edges of the coin.


Here is my final piece. I was going for a ancient Japanese Warlord. It was the first image that came into my head for some reason but I am quite proud of it as it is my first time actually sculpting and image in 3D from my minds eye in Z Brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment