Followers

Tuesday 29 November 2011

To to create coin with Projection


This is the basis of the coin which I imported into Z Brush. With this basic poly object I sub-divide it. This makes it ready to be sculpted but I am not going to use a brush strait away, but instead I will use the Projection Master. This allows me to Project a image as a Alpha channel onto my mesh so that I can sculpt from a pre-generated black and white image.


So I click the Projection Master button on the top left of the panel to start the process. This is what you are greeted with.


As I don't want to change the colour of the object, I un-tick the box. As we want to use the projection to change the geometry of the mesh I select Deformation and Normalization.


From here I selected the alpha channel box on the left and have chosen the template for the design I want to be placed on my coin.


Now using the Drag Rectangle tool I am able to project the wanted image as a basis for the geometry to be changed.


Here I have scaled and moved the projection into the desired place to that I can get a clear picture of what it will look like.


I then change the Z intensity so that the projection doesn't protrude too far off the face of the coin. 


Once the projection is to the standard that is wanted, I just click the Projection Master button in the top left hand corner again and then select PICKUP NOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment