Followers

Wednesday 30 November 2011

What I have learnt

Through my journey of discovery through Z Brush I have found it to be a very useful tool depending on what exactly you wish to achieve. I have narrowed it down into views of what I personally think I would use Z Brush for.

1. Sculpting a bust of your character to show a fully detailed view of what is wanted in the final model.
2. Adding detail to something low poly without having the problem of a high polygon mesh.
3. Creating small details on things that would be hard to replicate with a low poly count in Maya.

I have found that it really isn't a starting point for a piece of work but more the middle of a pipeline.

All in all I really find it a useful tool for character modelling but not too much for environments even though it can be used for environments in certain publications.

I will try to incorporate Z Brush into my pipe line when it is needed but there are some many ways of using it that I haven't fully gotten into yet that I know will be of much use.

No comments:

Post a Comment